article from this website.
Sitting here in the glorious sun today I was thinking of all the reasons I love modesty. It’s been 17 odd years since I’ve switched to skirts/dresses only and still today I enjoy pondering what it has done for my life.
Here is a short list of some of my reasons:
- It helps me feel feminine even when I look more like a clumsy tomboy.
- It helps cover my plus size, in a way that is becoming.
- It helps me understand the beauty that God has placed in women.
- It has helped to calm my stubbornness and find the quietness in my soul.
- It has helped me to look nice, when before all I wanted to do was wear jogging pants.
- It has helped me feel nice even when uncomfortable, sick, or even tired.
- It has helped my spiritual growth, making me open to God’s proddings.
- It has helped me dress in fun colors and styles, forgetting about the fashion push for immodest trends.
- It has helped me see God’s plan for women and to love my vocation more.
- It has given me hope that I have done what God has asked all of us to do.
– by Rita Davidson
You can follow Rita on Instagram here!